Skip to main content

Lagos Na Wa: 1

Saturday morning I left the house as early as 8:40am to meet up with an 11am appointment  at Lekki; Elegushi precisely.
A friend gave me directions on how to get there.

I had to take a bus from Iyana Oba to CMS and  from CMS (pronounced see-eh-mes)  to Ajah.

I got to Iyana Oba  by 9:50am because traffic. At the bus park,  I met a conductor and asked him to show me a bus going my way.

The conductor held my hand and took me to a bus. Told the driver,  see passenger. I told the driver, 'Driver CMS oo'.
 He replied 'yes, enter and continued loading.

Five minutes later,  he was done loading and asked the passengers to pay.
We did. The bus fare was 500 Naira.  Yes 500 Naira. I was sad that he took so much for a drop  within Lagos.

My friend who directed me mentioned that my transport would cost about 900 naira. I can't remember now whether she meant that 900 Naira was for the entire journey or just for 'going'.

The journey was supposed to last for  about 30 minutes (because of Lagos traffic) and the entire journey (from home  for an hour 45minutes.

I paid.  Sat down.

30 minutes the journey was still on.
45 minutes.. .
One hour..
An hour thirty minutes

I started to worry.

2 hours!!
Hian!

We were two hours  into the journey when the driver stopped for one passenger to alight.

I figured we were close since the passenger who alighted was the first to since the journey started.
I decided to ask a lady sitting beside me for my bus stop so I could remind the driver when we get there.
Aunty,  please can you tell me when we get to CMS?

"CMS? " Aunty and driver chorused.

Other passengers turned to me.  'You dey go CMS? ' an old lady queried. Aargh! Who tell you to join for this bus?
My chest began to pound. It was 11:50 am already.
I asked the driver where the bus I boarded was headed.
You won't believe what I heard.

Seme!!! I was on a bus going to Seme border.  We were along Lagos-Badagry express road. Very close to Cotonou.
Both the conductor and the driver heard Seme when I said CMS.

I think the first conductor at the park heard me clearly but the thought of the tip the driver will give him for bringing a passenger shut his brains.

I had to board another bus heading into Lagos and struggled from there.

Long story short. I arrived for the appointment by 4:30pm, hungry, tired and dirty from the horrible roads. Midway,  I jumped on a bike that 500 Naira.

Because I called from time to time to explain my situation, I was granted audience when I eventually arrived and good news,  it turned out well. 😊😊

#LagosNaWa
#JayTeeSays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONE NIGHT

They met at a bar Him a fine, reserved  young man Her a bubbly young woman Once she set her eyes on him She knew she wanted him So she went and she sat and they talked About life, love, family,  work, About  Everything They talked their souls away Late into the night It felt like they were old friends They bonded And when they raised their heads It was midnight And they were alone 'Let's go to your place' she suggested She could not bear to spend a second without him "Oh No! " Yours will be fine They left in the darkness of the night The security man opened the gate 'Welcome Aunty' He said "Thank you" She opened the door to her house and they walked in, He gazed into her eyes Her feet were unsteady She closed her eyes and waited And come did he The taste of his lips was a mixture of orange juice and alcohol and cream It drove her mad Carefully he kissed her And when his hands went to t

GLOBACOM SHUTS UNEC DOWN WITH TIMAYA, MI AND RUNTOWN, DJNEPTUNE AND DJLAMBO

Last night is a night that will not be forgotten in  hurry at the  University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus as Globacom ended its week long mouth watering Campus Data Bundle campaign tagged 'Glo campus storm' with an enveloping event which brought down A list artistes such as Timaya, MI and Runtown to the white house of the prestigious institution. Yours truly was there and brings you reports! The event was slated to start by 4pm although it later started much later that night due to problems with the generator which was to be used to power the auditorium and other equipments for the event. Many students left for emergency night class in the few opened classes like Abuja auditorium and Coscharis building. Luck however was on the side of the patient students who were already murmuring that the show was a scam, when PHCN restored power supply around 11pm. Immediately the power was restored, all the students including those who left for till day break studying returned and the au

Lagos Na Wa : 5

I write this with my face covered. Please don't laugh at me. Remember Lagos Na Wa Episode 1 where I shared the tale of how I almost was taken to  Seme border?  If you didn't read it, go through my wall. It is some where there. So after the Lagos tour,  my rectum was dilated and ready to spill meaning I was pressed. I wanted to poop. Jesu! The urge was so strong and as soon as the bus entered the Island,  it intensified. I carried my bum bum with the poo ready to drop and sat in the bus. I got to Elegushi  bus stop,  alighted. A man I asked for directions to pointed at ahead of him and said that was the gate of the  Estate I was looking for. I ignored the Okada men at the bus stop and started trekking because I was scared of what the speed and bumps would do. That turned out to be a bad decision. Left,  right,  right and left. No gate insight. I convinced myself that I could do it. God knows I couldn't. My ancestors were just laughing at me. I saw a church.